Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Monday (11-22-2010)

MONDAY MORNING.......


It's 6AM and David is up, showered and dressed..I look up from our bed with sleepy eyes....

"Best get moving. Today's the day."

I totally forgot..(really, I did)...

Shower, dress, breakfast, and in the car..

Traffic is backed up and dead stopped, but David knows all the side ways to go....

He's good with that......."you have to be in Boston by 8..."

Park the car and upstairs to hook me up...the needle doesn't hurt at all (thank you John)....

Downstairs to see Emily (my nurse practitioner) for the go-ahead...

"you are the best we have".....she says....Others are doing good, (but Gail is doing the best)...

I let them know that it's because of my friends and the prayers and energy they send my way...


I will do this!


Back upstairs for my infusion...

I get a bed...I get the quietest room....

For the first time, I sleep, sleep, sleep....

David sits by my bed, reading his book and watching over me....He calls this my "dormant state" and tells me he is my protector while my defenses are down......

Nurse John keeps my pumps pumping......

sleep

Now it's 8:15 and time to hook me to a port-a-pump and off we go....

dinner......

bed..

sleep





No comments:

Post a Comment