Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day 7 (Sunday, 11-14-2010)

David's thoughts on "how chemotherapy doses are designed":

1~ Evaluate health and strength of patient.
2~ Determine how much of each drug it takes to kill patient (yes, KILL the patient).
3~ Back off the severity of the dose by 5% to 10%..
4~ Combine 4 separate drugs, each one just slightly short of fatal dose.
5~ Administer infusion to Gail.
6~ Serious disease requires serious medicine.


Gail's thoughts on chemotherapy:

1~ Thank God there is something I can take for this.
2~ A serious disease requires a serious medicine.
3~ I am stronger than these drugs....
4~ I will survive and I will do anything I have to do to succeed......



I am alive...i am awake...the sun is out..the house is warm....I am loved and I love.......

..I have one goal: I must be healthy enough to receive my next infusion in a week..

...barely enough time to get my head straight..

I knew that the side-effects of the chemo would become more severe with each infusion...the word of the day is cumulative.....the side-effects are cumulative......

my prayer...my hope is that the severity of the side-effects is an indicator of how much damage is being done to the cancer cells...KILL THE CANCER!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment