Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Breakfast in Bed

Good morning sunshine...

beautiful, windy, cold day..

I'm watching the world from sixteen stories up...

yup...still in my MGH bed...still a gorgeous view...

still experiencing the meticulously professional and empathetic care of my MGH friends...(thanks again)

...still longing and hoping and praying to go home....

my doc (Jeff Clark) stopped by yesterday and promised my discharge for Wednesday or Thursday, depending on that pesky platelet count...

....it's increasing (btw) and I topped 41k on last night's draw...hoping for higher this morning..

heparin iv has been tooling along since yesterday..

next step: transition from iv to injection..

learning curve note:

 the heparin and (soon to come) daily injections are to prevent future clots from forming....the existing clot will be slowly removed by normal healthy blood function....

how cool is that?

all this fussing around with my body chemicals for the last six months has resulted in some sort of chemo-confusion for my blood-production mechanism and some tweaking on the management end is appropriate from here on in......

feeling good...

..feeling positive .....

......feeling homesick.......

No comments:

Post a Comment