Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year Happy

Made it to 2011!!

This has got to be a better year for David and I...

..that's what we tell ourselves to enhance the forward motion and not allow ourselves to dwell on the negative aspects of the last twelve months...

"always keep your eyes on the road and never look back"........

..here's a short list of the things I am grateful for this morning:

1~ I am in my own home to experience the first day of the New Year..

2~ I am not in a hospital bed..

3~ I love and I am loved...

4~ (this may seem trivial, but...) the sun is out and it is NOT snowing..



..I came home from MGH late on Tuesday night (almost Wednesday morning....)

..platelet count is increasing at a steady rate and my DVT is now being controlled with twice daily injections of LMW Heparin...

....The pulmonary embolism will (hopefully) dissolve over the next six weeks.....then I can cut back the injections to once a day for the next six months...

..waiting to reschedule my infusion..really want it so I can continue to fight this disease..

..sleep comes in fits and starts these days (and nights)..

..I awake periodically with my mind buzzing, like a beehive with a bears paw inserted up to the elbow..

.."remember Gail, don't think..."


It's a beautiful 1st day of the year here in Boston..

..sun is bright and powerful..

..there must be a hundred birds at our feeders. their happy noise fills my house..fills my head..

...my kitties and wieners cling to me..

I am awake..

..I am strong..

...I am here...

No comments:

Post a Comment