Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Where have all the flowers gone?



.........some of them are in my dining room..

..they thrive amidst the pounding weather just inches away.. (on the other side of the glass)..

these last two weeks, I found myself on the right side of the glass too...

platelets fixed, pulmonary embolism(s) on the mend, blood thinner injections twice a day..

..I feel good (knock wood)..

I am noticeably missing some stamina, but I am also noticeably feeling like a whole person..

..can't gauge the heights if you haven't experienced the valleys..

..that said; I am fully experiencing the heights for the past two weeks..

..tomorrow is my 10th infusion..

I want this....

..if the way I feel is indicative of how well my body is fighting this war, then just maybe, I have a shot..

"not everybody dies from this" plays a constant counterpoint in my head against: "everybody dies eventually"..

I am a fan of Joseph Campbell and his life's work..

..he helps me make sense of life, death and everything in-between...

I continue to battle for  more of that "in-between" ...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Gail, for your postings and your upbeat passions. Thanks, David, too, for all your fabulous support. You two are among the best folk ever...

    ReplyDelete