Monday, February 14, 2011

Out of Touch

It comes like the wind..

Some days it doesn't matter at all..

..other days; frightened..

..today is a frightened day..

..... the last infusion (number eleven) was a toughie...

..really hit me hard..

The first two, this year, seemed to be a breeze (so to speak) and the side effects had somehow lessened..

..number eleven brought me back to the reality of how potent a concoction is being pumped into my body..

fingertips and toes have apparently lost the ability to transmit data from the nerve endings to my eagerly waiting brain...I shake my hands and arms to increase the blood flow, but not much going on there..

..I'm somewhat concerned about this because neuropathy of the extremities is one of the documented permanent artifacts of my treatment..

..had a taste of this in varying degrees all through the treatment, but it always is transient...usually takes a week or so to come back to normal (whatever the hell that is)...

..but this time..I am out of touch with my extremities and not too happy about it..

....number twelve (and final treatment of folfirinox) comes this Wednesday..

......they don't allow more than twelve treatments of Folfirinox because the residual damage can be pretty rude..

..sure could use some happy thoughts right now..

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you'll get a chuckle out of this, Gail... It's an idea for a cartoon that I had.

    The caption reads: For every second that someone dies in this world a child is born.
    Then, in the picture you see the delivery room with the doctor holding up a new born baby. Everyone is looking exhausted and the baby says, "Who died?"
    *************

    I hope you have some pleasure or at least relief from your exhausting regime. We're thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are also thinking about you, Gail, and David as well. This ordeal is beyond unimaginable. Do let us know when the shaking of the extremities yields some returned feeling.
    Love, Cynthia

    ReplyDelete